Air-Fryer Bread Pudding
This air-fryer bread pudding is a fun dish because the chocolate makes it different from traditional recipes. It's a rich, comforting dessert. —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- Optional toppings: Confectioners' sugar and whipped cream
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in cream; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, milk, egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 325°. Spoon bread mixture into 2 greased 8-oz. ramekins. Place on tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 12-15 minutes.
- If desired, top with confectioners' sugar and whipped cream.
Test Kitchen tip