Air-Fryer Beefy Swiss Bundles
Kids and adults alike will devour these comforting yet special pockets. With creamy mashed potatoes, gooey cheese and flavorful seasonings, what's not to love? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 15x13-in. rectangle. Cut into four 7-1/2x6-1/2-in. rectangles. Place about 2 tablespoons potatoes over each rectangle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Top each with 3/4 cup beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
Beat egg and water; brush some over pastry edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Brush with remaining egg mixture. In batches, place pastries in a single layer in air-fryer basket; cook until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
Freeze option: Freeze unbaked pastries on a parchment-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to an airtight container; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen pastries as directed until golden brown and heated through, increasing time to 15-20 minutes.
1 bundle: 706 calories, 42g fat (15g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 35g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC