I'm always looking for new ways to use up our leftover holiday turkey. The fruit, nuts and seasonings give the salad a unique flavor.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Toss together first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine next five ingredients. Pour over turkey mixture and gently combine; top with peanuts. Chill. If desired, serve on a bed of lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 528 calories, 38g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as After-The-Holidays Salad in Country December/January 1992