Total TimePrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cover and microwave on high until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal until well coated.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine Milk Duds and water. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until mixture is pourable; mix well. Stir into cereal mixture. Spread into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 230 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2012
so easy... and the kids love it. beth
Aug 11, 2011
These are good, but I can't taste the Milk Duds in them.....the anticipation of the caramel was what compelled me to try this recipe. What I taste is chocolate covered crispy rice cereal, but that tastes pretty good. I think maybe I'd prefer milk chocolate chips, though.
Feb 1, 2008
Super easy and tasty!!!