Total TimePrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cover and microwave on high until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal until well coated.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine Milk Duds and water. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until mixture is pourable; mix well. Stir into cereal mixture. Spread into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 15, 2012
so easy... and the kids love it. beth
Aug 11, 2011
These are good, but I can't taste the Milk Duds in them.....the anticipation of the caramel was what compelled me to try this recipe. What I taste is chocolate covered crispy rice cereal, but that tastes pretty good. I think maybe I'd prefer milk chocolate chips, though.
Feb 1, 2008
Super easy and tasty!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.