- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugars, molasses and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness and cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove from pan to cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen (2-1/2 inch cookies).
Reviews forAfter-School Gingersnaps
"Dough is very soft. Difficult to roll out. Relatively tasteless once baked. Definitely need more than 'lightly' floured surface."