After-Dinner Mint Delights
I created these because I wanted something different for my cookie baskets at Christmas time. They melt into a deliciously minty taste. In my circle of family and friends, these have become a highly anticipated holiday treat..—Sally Nicosia, Lynn, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + standing
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green food coloring, optional
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Green pearl dust, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the extracts, salt and, if desired, a few drops food coloring. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a glass dipped in sugar, flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Bake at 375° until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set, refrigerating if necessary. Brush tops with pearl dust. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NotePearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 90 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.