After-Christmas Turkey Potpie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a skillet, saute carrots, onion, celery, thyme and pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine turkey and flour; shake to coat. Add turkey, soup and green beans to the vegetable mixture; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add turkey mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Feb 12, 2013
This was a good hearty meal!
Nov 27, 2011
What a great receipe, my family loved it. I added left over corn and asparagus from Thanksgiving dinner. I would make this one again!!!
Sep 10, 2010
I bet it would be good with any kind of leftover cooked meat.... :)
Aug 24, 2009
This would be good using the Thanksgiving turkey leftovers to serve during the busy Christmas holidays.
Aug 24, 2009
This sounds absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this for my family Thank you for sharing! :)