Acorn Squash with Peaches
Serve up squash in a deliciously different new way! “This recipe's sure to win over folks who don't think they like squash. I enjoy it served with poultry.” Mary Louise Fash - Walterboro, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut squash in half; remove seeds. Place cut side up in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the peaches, brown sugar and lemon juice in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Spoon over squash; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Baked Acorn Squash with Peaches in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.