Serve up squash in a deliciously different new way! “This recipe's sure to win over folks who don't think they like squash. I enjoy it served with poultry.” Mary Louise Fash - Walterboro, South Carolina
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut squash in half; remove seeds. Place cut side up in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the peaches, brown sugar and lemon juice in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Spoon over squash; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Acorn Squash with Peaches in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p27