- 4 medium acorn squash
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Carefully scoop out squash; add to food processor. Add the cream cheese, milk, butter, onion, chives and basil; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forAcorn Squash Puree
"This was okay, and I"ll probably make it again. Kinda bland though, so I'll add something to it next time to kick up some flavor. Didn't have a food processor, so I whipped it up with my mixer. Worked well."
"Being a new eater to squash, I wasn't sure what to expect. But this was really tasty! I cooked it in the microwave."