Acorn Squash Puree
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Carefully scoop out squash; add to food processor. Add the cream cheese, milk, butter, onion, chives and basil; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
May 7, 2016
This was okay, and I"ll probably make it again. Kinda bland though, so I'll add something to it next time to kick up some flavor. Didn't have a food processor, so I whipped it up with my mixer. Worked well.
Oct 4, 2012
Being a new eater to squash, I wasn't sure what to expect. But this was really tasty! I cooked it in the microwave.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.