When fall comes to Horsham, Pennsylvania, George Mankin likes to prepare this wonderful, cinnamon-and-maple flavored squash recipe. It’s so quick and easy in the microwave and also, a good source of vitamins A and C, potassium and fiber.
Recommended: Fall Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and mace
- Pierce squash several times with a fork. Place on paper towels; microwave on high for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, syrup and vinegar. Combine the ginger, cinnamon and mace. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Brush cut sides with butter mixture; sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Place on a large microwave-safe plate; cover with paper towels. Cook on high for 5-10 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Acorn Squash in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p15
Reviews forAcorn Spiced Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2017
"i made this at Thanksgiving to use some acorn squash i had it was amazing!! family loved it!"