Acorn Shortbread Cookies Recipe
These buttery treats are just as fun to make as they are to eat! The caramel topping stays soft, and pecans add great nut flavor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans.
- 2. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into acorn shapes, pinching bottoms to form a point. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the top of each cookie in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle remaining pecans over chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 117 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Acorn Shortbread Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC