Acorn Shortbread Cookies
These buttery treats are just as fun to make as they are to eat! The caramel topping stays soft, and pecans add great nut flavor.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into acorn shapes, pinching bottoms to form a point. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the top of each cookie in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle remaining pecans over chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.