Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into acorn shapes, pinching bottoms to form a point. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the top of each cookie in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle remaining pecans over chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.