Perfect for an autumn party, these cute cookies are a specialty.—Virginia Kroon, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup ground pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. acorn cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate over the stem and cap of each acorn, leaving about a 1/4-in. border. Sprinkle pecans over chocolate. Pipe remaining chocolate in a criss-cross pattern over each acorn. Let stand until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.