Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 12 bacon strips, cooked
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 6 tomato slices, optional
- Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon butter. In a bowl, combine the cheese, apple, salad dressing and walnuts. Spread on 6 slices of toast; place 2 slices of bacon on each. Cover with egg slices. Top with tomatoes if desired and remaining slices of toast.
Jul 6, 2014
ABC sandwiches have been a favorite in our family of 8 since the recipe first appeared in TOH. I was unable to cook for 18 mos. due to a severe shoulder injury that gave me the use of only one arm & hand. My son, who took over cooking duties during that time, made these sandwiches quite often because they are easy to make & quick & soooo good! Wonderful any time of the year, but especially in the summer! I should mention that we leave out the walnuts, eggs, & tomatoes. Most of my kids were small when I started making these & they didn't like those ingredients. Recipe is excellent without them, but I have to admit that the walnuts DO sound good!
Mar 5, 2014
Made this recipe for a baby shower. It is so good and everyone enjoyed these sandwiches. Since we were doing a brunch, we served the spread on toasted English Muffins. So delicious!
Sep 8, 2012
This is my favorite cheese sandwich recipe. I make it for church picnics, family get togethers and sometimes just for home lunches. Really touches all the good comfort spots!
Oct 18, 2010
We love these at our house. I really thought my husband would not like it, but he does. Great flavor and texture.
Sep 28, 2009
Most sandwich recipes dont appeal to me for some reason, but this one is top notch! The variety of flavors is great!