ABC Salad Toss
Getting kids to eat their veggies, fruit and protein is as easy as ABC—that's apples, bananas and cheese. This is a slightly sweet salad that appeals to kids' taste buds while still delivering the vitamins Mom demands. —Christine Maddux, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix and salad greens. Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar and oil; stir in cheese, apple, grapes and raisins. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with bananas.