ABC Salad Toss
Getting kids to eat their veggies, fruit and protein is as easy as ABC—that's apples, bananas and cheese. This is a slightly sweet salad that appeals to kids' taste buds while still delivering the vitamins Mom demands. —Christine Maddux, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix and salad greens. Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar and oil; stir in cheese, apple, grapes and raisins. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with bananas.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 143 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as ABC Sweet SaladToss Up in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.