"I lightened up this recipe i found on the back of a pasta box many years ago," writes Pat Morris, Marlton, New Jersey. "it's become a staple at our home and for family gatherings."
Recommended: Top 10 Pasta Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse under cold water. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk together the broth, vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, basil and salt. Add pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, pepper and Parmesan and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as A Twist On Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p46
Reviews forA Twist on Pasta Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2013
"Not much flavor & I doubled the dressing."