A Kick and a Twist Artichoke Dip
Some warm cream cheese-based dips are too salty for me. This one has a nice balance. I developed the recipe for a co-worker's going away party. Adding black pepper or lemon pepper can add more zing if you want it. —Susan Hein, Burlington, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 to 12 green onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, pureed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cracked fennel seed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- French bread baguette, sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and jalapeno; cook and stir until soft, 4-6 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- Add cream cheese and cover, stirring every few minutes, until melted. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, fennel and pepper flakes. Remove from heat. Add Parmesan cheese and artichoke hearts, stirring gently to prevent artichokes from breaking up.
- Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker; turn heat to low. Serve warm on baguette slices. May be refrigerated until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 197 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as A Kick and a Twist Artichoke Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018