- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium tart green apple, chopped
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 cup each seedless red and green grapes, halved
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange extract. Cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, apples and grapes. Add dressing; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forA Is For Apple Salad
"I love it, but too much liquid and I have to drain it out. Maybe need to reduce orange juice to 1/2 cup instead 1-1/4 cups."
"My family and friends thought this was delicious! I thought it was too much dressing, next time I make it I will probably make half the amount. It kept well for several days."
"tasty- holds up well, even 2 days in fridge...Used Fruit Fresh on apples to prevent browning and I doubled the grapes."
"The dressing is the ingredients that are combined in the sauce pan."
"which dressing to use with this recipe ?"