Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice and zest and coriander. Add 1/2 cup sugar; toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie crust. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, mace and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 375 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 2, 2013
I had some pears I needed to use so I went searching for recipes with pears on the TOH site. This is a refreshing pie that is really easy to make. It reminds me of a pie and crisp all in one.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.