Mom’s Apple Cornbread Stuffing
My speedy recipe is end-all be-all stuffing in our family. We never have leftovers. —Marie Forte, Raritan, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine apples, stuffing and melted butter. Add broth; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 183 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Mom's Apple Stuffing in Taste of Home November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.