Cherry Chocolate Nut Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 144 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 7, 2016
The flavor of these is nice and my guests really enjoyed them. I didn't really care for the soft texture but otherwise they were good and easy to make.
Jul 2, 2016
Very tasty. They bake up nicely.
Dec 15, 2015
Just have to say that I am starting my Christmas baking today and this is the first batch I am doing. These cookies taste amazing and are super simple. They are always one of the first kinds of cookies to be gone!
Mar 24, 2015
These cookies are truly delicious. I will definitely be making them again.
Jun 2, 2013
very good cookie , everyone loved them
Jan 1, 2013
After the first batch, I had to make three more! Excellent!
Dec 22, 2012
We found these cookies to be okay, but not great.
Dec 16, 2012
just made & took the 1st batch out of the oven. i had to try one right away & was not disappointed. these are very good, soft, flavorful cookies and will make a nice addition to the other cookes i am making for Christmas. i used mini choc chips instead of the regular sized ones & they are just the right amount of chocolate. will definitely keep this recipe.
Dec 16, 2012
made these cookies this weekend. tasted great. made about 4 dozen.
Dec 14, 2012
I made these cookies a couple of days ago and they are delicious. They will definitely be a new favorite. The recipe states it makes 5 dozen. However, they would have to be tiny to make that many. I made what I call normal size and it made 2 dozen. Also, make sure the maraschino cherries are well drained.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.