7UP Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in lemon peel. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor’s Note: To remove cakes easily, use solid shortening to grease plain and fluted tube pans.
1 slice: 457 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for 7UP Pound Cake
"Loved The Recipe My 7UP Pound cake Turned Out Delicious Thank You"
"Wonderful recipe not to moist but most definitely not dense. I did;however, add one 8 oz. package of philly cream cheese to the recipe just as I always do with any form of pound cake perfect!!??"
"Excellent recipe! I did use 2T of soda for the glaze and it only took 55 minutes for mine to get done baking. A definite keeper."
"I was looking forward to trying this recipe and unfortunately, was disappointed. I realize this is a pound cake, but even so, it seemed very dense to me. It was also dry. I liked the glaze recipe, good lemon flavor."
"Oh My Gosh! This recipe sure brings back memories! This is THE PERFECT recipe for company too. Something that my Gran used to do is make a syrup made from 1/3 cup 7-Up, 2Tblsp butter, 2/3 cup sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Boil 'til thickened slightly. When the cake comes out of the oven, use a chop stick and make several deep holes in the hot cake. Drizzle with the syrup and leave in the pan 'til the cake is almost cooled. Turn out onto a plate and add the glaze."