7UP Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in lemon peel. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor’s Note: To remove cakes easily, use solid shortening to grease plain and fluted tube pans.
1 slice: 457 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for 7UP Pound Cake
"I Used 1 Cup Of Butter(Softened), 2 Cups Sugar,4 Medium Eggs, 1tbsp Vinalla, 3tbsp Lemon Juice, 2 Cups Flour, 1/2 Cup Diet 7UP. Added 1 tbsp Lemon Exract To The Glaze And Only Baked For 45min(Oven Was Pre Heated) ....I Don't Like Overly Sweetened Sweets And The cake Came Out Just As GREAT!!!Mouth Watering Will Be Making Again Soon"
"I love making devil food cake with regular Coke cola soda . I haven't made that long time it have been 7year ago. See I'm baker it's lots of thing you can do with chocolate cake batter you mix up with soda and instant coffee flavors.and for yellow cake batter you mix up soda and . Tropical flavors. I have been baking for 35year and I love it and I love your recipe.from Anne Kimble"
"Loved The Recipe My 7UP Pound cake Turned Out Delicious Thank You"
"Wonderful recipe not to moist but most definitely not dense. I did;however, add one 8 oz. package of philly cream cheese to the recipe just as I always do with any form of pound cake perfect!!??"
"Excellent recipe! I did use 2T of soda for the glaze and it only took 55 minutes for mine to get done baking. A definite keeper."