7UP Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-75 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in zest. Drizzle over cake.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 457 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 11, 2019
The secret to a wonderful pound cake is beating the butter and sugar until the sugar is mostly dissolved. The cake will be taller and have a moist fine crumb.
May 29, 2019
How much 7up is everyone using. I have a cake in the oven and used a cup of 7up and a splash I hope this turns out
Apr 25, 2019
Not a review, but a question. How much 7-Up?
Apr 22, 2019
This is the best recipe I have tried. This is my top place to get my cake recipes. Thank you very much.
Mar 7, 2019
Does anyone know if you could use ginger ale? It has a unique taste just not sure how it would taste
Jan 1, 2019
Your grandmother's cake is the best ! No changes needed, everyone loved it. One of my now top 5 cakes ... thank you.
Nov 18, 2018
I didn’t have to adjust anything to this recipe. I followed recipe step by step and it came out great! This is definitely a keeper.
Apr 21, 2018
A rich and delicious cake that's really easy to make. I made the cake according to the recipe but only used 7Up in the glaze and it was fine. Not too sweet. Definitely a keeper.TOH- Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 9, 2018
I Used 1 Cup Of Butter(Softened), 2 Cups Sugar,4 Medium Eggs, 1tbsp Vinalla, 3tbsp Lemon Juice, 2 Cups Flour, 1/2 Cup Diet 7UP. Added 1 tbsp Lemon Exract To The Glaze And Only Baked For 45min(Oven Was Pre Heated) ....I Don't Like Overly Sweetened Sweets And The Cake Came Out Just As GREAT!!!Mouth Watering Will Be Making Again Soon
Mar 25, 2018
I love making devil food cake with regular Coke cola soda . I haven't made that long time it have been 7year ago. See I'm baker it's lots of thing you can do with chocolate cake batter you mix up with soda and instant coffee flavors.and for yellow cake batter you mix up soda and . Tropical flavors. I have been baking for 35year and I love it and I love your recipe.from Anne Kimble