7 Vegetable Salad
Italian dressing jazzed up with basil and chives sparks the flavor of this eye-catching salad. The blanched veggies in this colorful combination retain their crispness quite nicely. —Sara Lindler of Irmo, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned onion
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- In a saucepan, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add beans, peas, yellow squash, zucchini and onion. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Place vegetables in a bowl; add the remaining ingredients. Gently stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 47 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Seven-Vegetable Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2001