7-10 Split Layered Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced and cooked
- In a 3- or 4-qt. glass bowl, layer the romaine, peas, potatoes and onion. Carefully spread mayonnaise over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 704 calories, 54g fat (16g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1185mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 11, 2016
I was looking for the traditional 7-layer salad to make for a friend. This is not it. Yuck.
Sep 4, 2013
very good and easy to make
May 15, 2012
This was a really good salad. I thought it seemed strange at first with the potatoes, but they turned out to be the best part and what made it stand out from similar recipes.
May 11, 2011
Aug 1, 2010
yuck, made me sick