- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced and cooked
- In a 3- or 4-qt. glass bowl, layer the romaine, peas, potatoes and onion. Carefully spread mayonnaise over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for7-10 Split Layered Salad
"I was looking for the traditional 7-layer salad to make for a friend. This is not it. Yuck."
"very good and easy to make"
"This was a really good salad. I thought it seemed strange at first with the potatoes, but they turned out to be the best part and what made it stand out from similar recipes."
"yuck, made me sick"