60-Minute Mini Breads
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
Makes2 mini loaves (4 slices each)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a saucepan, heat the water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide in half. Roll each portion into an 8-in. x 5-in. rectangle.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, in two greased 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Fill a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with 1 in. of hot water. Set loaf pans in water.
- Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. Remove loaf pans from the water bath. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2015
I added 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1 TBLS honey. Quick and delicious.
Oct 5, 2012
I added a bit more sugar for extra flavor. Made one loaf in a large loaf pan. Very good recipe and simple to do. Most of the work was done in the mixer. A keeper.
Feb 22, 2012
Quick, easy, and a no fail recipe! my family loves it!
Feb 6, 2012
Made the bread, exactly as given, very good, my husband said it reminded him of my mothers bread. Thats a real compliment, she baked most all of our bread when I was growing up.