- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup picante sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add spinach and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place about 3 tablespoonfuls off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for5 Spinach Burritos
"Very Good! I used medium salsa - perfect!"
"I used green enchilada sauce rather than the picante sauce for a milder taste. Delicious!!!"
"These were good and surprisingly filling. I used fresh spinach instead of frozen. To half of the burritos I added refried beans and left out the cheese. The other half I made exactly as the recipe says. They were good both ways. Next time I would just use salsa instead of picante sauce. They are very similar and salsa is less expensive for me to buy."
"I adore this recipe! Very delicious. I twist it up a bit and grill them instead."
"This recipe was delicious! I only changed 2 things with this recipe: I added dry kidney beans that I had made the previous day and Newman's Own Salsa because they did not have Picante Sauce in my local stores. My husband loves this recipe! Will definitely make again, thanks Dolores for the recipe."
"I haven't made these yet but will next Friday. I've been a vegetarian for 81 years and try to find easy veggie cassaroles to make. This looks soooo good. Thanks"
"I LOVE this recipe. I usually freeze each one individually and then I have lunch for a week."
"These were good considering they didn't require many ingredients and were so easy to make. I did add a dollop of sour cream to each prior to serving. This is a recipe I would make again."