5-Ingredient Chocolate Caramel Bars Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1. Melt caramels in a double boiler or microwave. Stir in 1/3 cup milk and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter and remaining milk; set half aside and press other half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pour caramel mixture over; spoon reserved cake mixture on top. Return to oven for 20 minutes. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 each: 120 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for 5-Ingredient Chocolate Caramel Bars
"This has been a family favorite since we first made it over 20 years ago. Please note that the current packaging for caramels has been reduced to 11oz so you need 2 pkg and weigh out 14 oz. Simple and best when it has time to cool and set."