4-H Corn Special Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups seeded chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain. Stir in rice, tomatoes, corn, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for 4-H Corn Special
"I liked this--the family didn't."
"I use this same meat mixture, but place the meat inside bell peppers. My family loves it!"
"I also added a bit of garlic powder. It was a very good gluten free meal with the saltines excluded. I served tortilla chips with it for the needed crunch."
"We've been making this for years now and still enjoy it."
"This tasted great! My husband loved it. We got about 3 meals out of this. Very economical. Filling and sits on your stomach well. The only change I made was adding a little over a tsp of garlic powder - because we love garlic on everything. Definitely making this again."
"I want to try this but leave replace the rice for pasta see how it goes.. thanks Cathy south dakota"
"This was a simple dish to prepare and really had great flavor. It has been added to my recipe collection and will be made again."
"May leave out Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and crackers. Use diced or crushed tomatos. Maybe add picante sauce per Andrea."