Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chopped green pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with green pepper and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Dec 3, 2015
A little on the bland side, but really quick!
Sep 21, 2014
Very simple and quick even my very picky 3 year old loves it!
Jan 8, 2014
This recipe was really quick and easy to make. My husband loved it. I gave it four stars only because it was a little sweet for me. I tend to like a little more heat.
Nov 23, 2013
This was really good and so quick. I just added one can of chili beans
Mar 11, 2013
yummy and simple
Nov 3, 2011
This is my husbands favorite chilli recipe! The only thing I do different is add a can of chilli ready diced tomatoes. This is a frequently made dish at our house!
Apr 9, 2010
Make it all the time!
Feb 19, 2010
My husband and kids loved this recipe. Great dinner dish on those cold winter nights. Very easy to make and quick too.
Aug 27, 2009
Instead of chilli beans i use refried beans for those who do not like texture of whole beans
Sep 8, 2008
Cut recipe in half.3 t chili powder(instead of 2t)ADD: 2 C tomato juiceTop with sour cream and shredded cheese