- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place onion and chicken breast; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Layer mushrooms and zucchini over chicken. Combine garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano; pour over vegetables. Cover tightly. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for30-Minute Chicken
"This recipe is a good start for a novice cook, has great potential to add your own flavors. I added a garlic clove, doubled the spices and it still came out somewhat bland and I look forward to doctoring it up the next time."
"I agree that I would up the spices and the garlic."
"I think the key to this recipe is the size of the chicken breasts. I think this is made for the chicken breasts you buy in a big bag in the freezer section. I had fresh breasts from the grocery store, and if I were to make this again, I'd slice the breasts in half length-wise before cooking them.As for the sauce, I'd use 2 cans of diced tomatoes, and double the spices, and maybe bump up the garlic a bit."