3 C Bread
This sweet bread features carrots, coconut and cherries. That tasty combination ensures each loaf is a welcome gift!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes4 mini loaves
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, quartered
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, coconut, cherries, raisins and pecans. Pour into four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 243 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as 3 C Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2001