10 Minute Zesty Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon seeded chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 29 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Aug 20, 2010
Nicckpx9: "I made this today for my boyfriend and me." I am guessing you are not an English major
Jan 25, 2010
Flavor is much improved with a squirt of lemon juice or lime juice & a small can of diced green chile. I didn't use oil inthis recipe which makes it even more healthy
Aug 20, 2009
So, I tried made this today for my boyfriend and I for our 6 month anniversary and I used it as an appetizer for dinner with my family. Everyone loves it and I personally think it is the best salsa I have ever tasted.