- 9 inch baked pie crust
- BERRY LAYER:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4-1/2 tablespoons raspberry gelatin dessert granules
- 1 pint fresh or frozen whole, unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh or frozen whole, unsweetened raspberries
- CREAM LAYER:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces nondairy frozen topping, thawed
- For berry layers, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve. Cook until thick and clear. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into half of the mixture; spread over bottom of pie shell. Refrigerate. Fold raspberries gently into remaining half of mixture; set aside. For cream layer, beat together cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the topping; spread over blueberry layer. Refrigerator until set. Carefully spread raspberry layer over cream layer. Chill at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for"Red, White and Blue Berry Cream Pie"
"This was a huge hit at our annual Fourth of July cookout."