Are you a huge fan of Taste of Home? Do you love to create, test and try new recipes? Do you think that sharing a meal is a great way to connect with family and friends? Then Taste of Home wants you to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor!
The Benefits of Being a Field Editor
- Free subscription to Taste of Home magazine during your term as an active field editor
- A Taste of Home goodie bag!
- Highlighted “field editor” status in our print and digital products and online
- Discount and subscription to our print and digital magazines and books
- Invitations to serve as a product tester
- Invitations to Taste of Home events
- Opportunities to judge local cooking competitions as a field editor
- Represent Taste of Home in media (radio, TV, etc)
Taste of Home Field Editors are important community ambassadors for our brand.
We look to our Field Editors to:
- Submit favorite ideas and recipes for use in Taste of Home magazines, books, website and more.
- Share personal cooking stories as well as insights about food and cooking trends.
- Be active in our online conversations—rate and comment on recipes on our Taste of Home website, Facebook and Pinterest pages.
- Spread the word! Get friends, family and other cooks in your community involved with Taste of Home.
- And if that doesn’t sound fun enough, sometimes we ask Field Editors to test new products or even serve as representatives of Taste of Home in local media or community functions!
Here’s what it takes to be a Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor.
- Passion for the Taste of Home brand! Field Editors need to believe in Taste of Home and what it stands for—sharing personal stories and recipes with a community of real home cooks who value bringing family and friends together around food.
- Mutual respect. Field Editors are the best representation of what makes our brand so great, so they need to be respectful of brand guidelines.
- Open dialogue and communication. We count on Field Editors to let us know what we are doing right and what you think we can do to make better products, experiences and more.
- The willingness to spread the word! Field Editors inspire us with the recipes and stories they share, and we need them to help us find other cooks like them to introduce to Taste of Home.
This is what we would like you to do as a Field Editor.
- Register as a member of tasteofhome.com, “Like” our Facebook Page and “Follow” our Pinterest Boards.
- Fill out the Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor Application Form. (We will notify you if you are selected.)
- Submit at least 6 original recipes each year. (Submissions for our monthly contests count! Note: Submitting recipes does not guarantee publication, but Field Editor recipes receive priority attention.)
- Rate and review at least 3 recipes per month on tasteofhome.com; let other users know what you thought of the recipe, how you adjusted it for your family and if you used it for a holiday.
- Be an active participant in the Taste of Home online community. Share your favorite Taste of Home recipes and cooking knowledge with other cooks on our site, Facebook pages, Pinterest pages and your blog if you have one!
- Show other community members how you make our online recipe box and tools work for the way you like to cook.
- Encourage family and friends to register as members, submit recipes and rate/review recipes.
- Share your favorite features in our magazines, books and other Taste of Home products.
- Provide a recent photo of yourself.
- Make new connections with other Field Editors and community members who share the same passion for cooking!