When you're short on time, you can easily add some frosty fun to dinnertime by serving up a variety of toppings and sauces and letting family members concoct their own scrumptious sundaes. Or scoop up one of these sweet and simple suggestions and treat your family to a refreshing dessert:
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over a scoop of strawberry ice cream and top with sliced berries and kiwi. Dollop with whipped cream.
- Instead of the usual chocolate sauce, top vanilla ice cream with warmed orange marmalade and a few fresh berries.
- For a super chocolaty treat, place a scoop of chocolate or chocolate mint ice cream on a brownie and pour on the hot fudge sauce. Add a spoonful of whipped cream, sprinkle with peanuts and accent with a maraschino cherry or a chocolate kiss.
- Like s'mores? You'll love this! Dress up a scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce, mini marshmallows, whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs.
- Give a tropical-flavored ice cream added appeal with canned mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks. Serve with gingersnaps.