The Best Black Friday Deals for Home Cooks
Black Friday marks the beginning of the holiday shopping rush. But you can relax because we scoped out all the best Black Friday deals for kitchen gadgets, gizmos and must-haves on your list
istock / Maxiphoto
It’s that most wonderful time of the year. We’re talking about Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving when America gets down to the serious business of shopping for the holidays. Psst: Want to know who isn’t open on Thanksgiving this year? We found out.
Why all the mania? Well, there are fantastic deals to be had, especially when it comes to kitchen gear. (Keep an eye out for our Best Loved Brands!) To avoid the frenzy and keep the guesswork out of Black Friday shopping, we’ve rounded up the best deals for home cooks around the country.
- In-store: 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday hours vary
- Online: 10 p.m. on November 21st
- Instant Pot: It’s the culinary craze sweeping the nation. It’s a pressure cooker! It’s a slow cooker! It’s a rice maker! Walmart is offering the Instant Pot LUX80 8-quart model for only $59 online and in-store. (Read our guide to see if the Instant Pot is right for you).
- Farberware Gear: Looking for a gift under $10? Snag an electric griddle, K-cup coffee brewer or nonstick copper waffle maker for only $9.96!
- The Pioneer Woman Cookware: Whether you love Ree Drummond (we do!) or just dig floral print—Walmart is offering deals on select Pioneer Woman kitchen items. Get a huge $70 savings on her 20-piece gadget set or save $30 on her signature slow cooker that’s uber-popular with home cooks. The biggest steal? This beautiful 17-piece porcelain cookware set will be on sale for only $59. It includes a Dutch oven, cast-iron skillet, casserole dish and more—and typically retails for $120.
Shutterstock / Jonathan Weiss
- In-store: 5 p.m. Thanksgiving Day; 7 a.m. Black Friday. Check Target’s store locator for up the hours for your local store
- Online: Midnight Thanksgiving Day (for REDcard holders only); regular online sales start on Friday
- KitchenAid Professional 5-Quart Mixer: There are plenty of reasons you’ll love a KitchenAid stand mixer (it’s our Test Kitchen’s best-loved brand) but a 51% savings really seals the deal. Get it for $219 here.
- Ninja 1200W Kitchen System: Don’t think twice about replacing your tired, old blender this year. Get Ninja’s all-in-one machine for $160. This powerful tool absolutely crushes it with useful add-ons like a “Total Crushing Pitcher” that blitzes through ice and a food processor attachment that can create silky-smooth purees.
- Rubbermaid Storage: Black Friday isn’t just about the big-ticket items, at Target you can find savings on everyday purchases, too. Get this 24-piece food storage set from Rubbermaid for $8.
Shutterstock / Wilfredo Lee/AP/REX
- In-store: 5 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, store hours may vary by location
- Online: 12:01 a.m. (CT) November 19. Doorbuster online sales start at 12:01 a.m. Thanksgiving Day.
- Amazon Smart Speakers: Alexa does so much more than play your favorite music—she actually works wonders in the kitchen, too. Get the Amazon Echo for $69 and Echo Dot for $24 during Kohl’s doorbuster sale.
- OXO Good Drips Storage Set: Our Test Kitchen experts highly recommend OXO’s storage set for stellar pantry organization. The 2.1 qt. tall container is perfect for long pasta. Get it here.
- CorningWare: Perfect for casseroles and sides, CorningWare’s 11-piece French White Serveware Set is a classy addition to any kitchen. Kohl’s is offering a 70% discount on it this year.
Shutterstock / Osugi
- In-store: 3 p.m. Wednesday, November 21st; 5 p.m. Thanksgiving Day; 6 a.m. Black Friday
- Online: Wednesday, November 21st
- Krups Smokeless Grill: The best way to grill your favorites indoors? Use this smokeless grill ($130) with two independent heating panels so you can cook your kabobs and steak at the same time.
- Martha Stuart Cast-Iron Cookware: Is Grandma sick of loaning you her cast-iron? Get 70% off frying pans, Dutch ovens and more. Then, put them to work with our best cast-iron recipes.
- Henkels: Every home cook should have a good set of knives. Luckily, Macy’s is offering this 15-piece knife block set that makes it easy to chop, mince or julienne.
It’s not the holiday without the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Check out 12 incredible facts that you might miss during the show.
Shutterstock / Susan Montgomery
- In-store: 2 p.m. Thanksgiving Day (early arrivers could receive coupons for $500, $100 or $10 off)
- Online: Now
Shutterstock / William Howard
- In-store: 4 p.m. Thanksgiving Day; 6 a.m. Black Friday
- Online: Now
- DASH Egg Cooker: Need to hard boil eggs for a crowd? This egg cooker makes it so, so easy. Best part? It’s only $15.
- Anchor Hocking Storage Sets: These durable glass food storage containers go from freezer to microwave to dishwasher to oven and back. Get the full set for only $15 this Black Friday.
- Biltmore Cookware Sets: Biltmore’s belly-shaped cookware sets make the perfect stovetop companion. (Only $140 for an 11-piece set!) What’s more, Belk is throwing in a non-stick square griddle free with purchase.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Taste of Home editors, who aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We welcome your feedback. Have something you think we should know about? Contact us, here.