School: Iowa State University
Expertise: Recipe development; beer, wine & cocktails; cooking techniques; baking; product testing; grocery shopping
- 15 years working in the food and food publishing industries as a chef and writer
- Founder and editor of Zestful Kitchen, a food website with cooking tips, tested recipes and how-tos for healthyish cooking
- Worked in America's Test Kitchen and Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen
- Writer and recipe developer for Taste of Home, Simply Organic, EatingWell, Midwest Living, Jim Beam and Parade
- Winner of Better Homes & Gardens Stylemaker award in 2021 and 2022
Lauren is a culinary food scientist and writer who has worked in food for more than 15 years. She has worked in numerous test kitchens including America’s Test Kitchen and Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen. In addition to running her popular recipe website, Zestful Kitchen, Lauren has also worked with leading food publications and brands. At Taste of Home, Lauren is the go-to resource for fantastic cocktail recipes. A few of the recipes she’s shared include a rhubarb gin cocktail, classic negroni and bourbon apple cider. Looking for more cocktail ideas? Lauren re-creates her favorites on her Instagram every Friday.
Iowa State University, bachelor's degrees in culinary food science, journalism and mass communications
Taste of Home Editorial Policies
Taste of Home, a Trusted Media Brand, has been a reliable source for recipes, cooking tips and entertaining advice for more than 30 years. Every month, our content inspires well over 20 million home cooks to get creative in the kitchen. Each one of our 40 thousand recipes has gone through a rigorous testing and approval process to ensure we’re sharing the very best. Every snack, ingredient and product we recommend is tested by our team of culinary experts and professional product testers—the best of the best earn our Test Kitchen-Preferred seal of approval. Learn more about Taste of Home and our Test Kitchen and editorial teams.