Pretty much everyone has their go-to pizza spot, and the debate will never end over whether thin-and-crispy New York slices are best, or if Chicago deep crust reigns supreme. But allow us to throw another wrench into the debate: America’s best-rated pizza isn’t found in either of those cities.
TripAdvisor analyzed ratings from popular pizza shops across America, giving extra weight to reviews from within the year. If you want to sink your teeth into the nation’s absolute best slice, it looks like you’d better book a ticket to Boston and stop by Regina Pizzeria.
Regina Pizzeria is an institution; it opened its doors in 1926 and has been serving up brick oven pizzas with its original thin and chewy crust recipe ever since. Sauce lovers flip for the hint of spice and Romano cheese cooked in, and cheeseheads can’t go wrong with loads of whole milk mozzarella.
In it for the toppings? Regina’s got fans covered there, too. Some of its signature pies include the Giambotta (pepperoni, sausage, salami, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and mozzarella) and St. Anthony’s (garlic white sauce, two types of sausage, roasted onions and peppers, parmesan, mozzarella, and basil). Just make sure you stay away from the one pizza topping you should avoid at all costs.
As for the rest of TripAdvisor’s list, it’s clear you can get tasty pizza from coast to coast. New York did land two of the top ten slots, though no Chicago shops made the cut. See below for the full list of TripAdvisor’s top ten U.S. pizzerias:
- Regina Pizzeria (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Bleecker Street Pizza (New York, New York)
- Modern Apizza (New Haven, Connecticut)
- Home Slice Pizza (Austin, Texas)
- Moose’s Tooth Pub and Pizzeria (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Juliana’s Pizza (Brooklyn, New York)
- Five Points Pizza (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Joey’s House of Pizza (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Andolini’s Pizzeria (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
- Duetto Pizza and Gelato (Key West, Florida)
Next, check out America’s favorite pizza chain (you might be surprised!).