The Best Summer Beer Recipe for a Crowd
It's hard to beat a cold beer on a hot summer day. But this summer beer recipe is a serious contender.
Chances are, you’re planning to host a marvelous backyard party this summer. You have a party menu all set and found cute outdoor decor to set the mood. This shindig needs more than a grab bag of beer! It’s time to whip up a pitcher of this summer beer recipe.
It’s refreshing and easy to drink, and best of all, this beverage serves a crowd.
How to Make Summer Beer
This beer cocktail is perfect for a weekend party. Just master this simple formula, then check out the variations below for some fun takes on this classic.
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate (12 ounces), thawed
- 1 cup vodka
- 4 bottles Blue Moon
- 1 cup club soda
- Orange slices for garnish
Editor’s Tip: You can use citrus-flavored vodka, but plain does the trick nicely. Just save a splash to clean the house with.
Step 1: Mix the OJ and vodka
Start by combining the thawed orange juice concentrate and vodka in a large pitcher.
Step 2: Make a splash
Stir in the Blue Moon and club soda just before serving. You don’t have to use Blue Moon, though it’s a good pick for this recipe because of its bright citrus aroma.
Step 3: Serve
Fill a few mason jars or a set of Collins glasses ($24) with ice. Then, pour the summer beer over ice. Garnish with fresh orange slices and enjoy. Cheers to summer!
Make This Summer Beer Recipe Your Own
The basic components of this summer brew are citrus juice and/or concentrate, liquor and beer. You can easily swap in different ingredients to create a unique version. Check out a few of my go-to variations—then let your imagination run wild!
- Summer Beer ‘rita: This refreshing drink uses limeade concentrate and tequila with Corona or Modelo. (Learn more about Mexican-style beers to sip in summer.)
- Tropical Summer Beer: Mix canned pineapple juice and rum with Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy. Finish with a splash of lime juice and lemon-lime soda.
- Blackberry Summer Beer: This fruity version features fresh or frozen blackberries and lemon.
In the mood for an IPA? Our round-up of the best IPAs will help you pick your favorite!