How to Throw a Soothing Spa Party for Kids
Get your glam on with these spa party ideas. Bring on the nail polish, eye masks and glitter!
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
Even twelve-year-olds need a little R&R. What better way to treat your child than a soothing spa party? These spa party ideas are not only relaxing for the party-goers, but for the party planners, too. It’s time to unwind (and enjoy some birthday cake, too).
Spa Party Ideas
From spa party decor to bite-sized treats, these spa party ideas will pamper your guests. Sit back and relax, we’ve got the ultimate spa party all planned out for you.
Spa Party Decorations
Set a serene (and fun!) environment with these spa party decorations. From cutesy photo booth props to a gorgeous spa cake topper, your guests will ooh and ahh over these finds.
- Strike a glam pose with these fun spa party photo booth props. This pack includes an eye mask, towel wrap, nail polish and more.
- Snag a matching spa party dining set. These eye mask napkins, cups and plates are too cute to handle.
- Add a custom touch to your spa party decor. Hang this glittery bunting over the gift or treat table.
Spa Party Food Ideas
Nibble on these beautiful and delicate spa party treats. We’ve got your entire party menu prepared—from finger foods down to a gorgeous spa party cake. Just make sure your nail polish is dry before grabbing a snack!
Taste of Home
Refresh with an infused water recipe or one of these other non-alcoholic drinks. Rosemary lemonade or fruit coolers are perfect for the occasion. Throw in a couple of clean and refreshing cocktails for the moms, too.
Taste of Home
Finger foods scream spa party. Decorate a platter with one-bite appetizers, tea sandwiches and mini dessert recipes. Little hands won’t be able to resist snagging these off the table. Especially these cucumber canapes and mini cheesecake bites.
Spa Party Cake
Taste of Home
Indulge with this lovely lemon floral cake. With its delicate flower accents and light lemon frosting, it’s the perfect addition to any spa party. Add this adorable cake topper to really add some flair. If your child isn’t a fan of lemon, try this floral pineapple carrot cake, pink strawberry cake or any of these other beautiful cake recipes. They’re just as darling!
Spa Party Activities
Start the party off with classic spa “menu items” including:
- Face masks
- Hair masks
Set up individual spa stations for each guest—complete with a spa chair, robe, mask, a warm water tub for pedicures and their gift bag. Have a big guest list? Make it a mother-daughter spa day and ask the guest’s moms to stay to paint nails and apply facials.
Once the party-goers have had time to unwind, it’s time for a makeover. Grab your prettiest shades of lipstick, eyeshadow and glitter and dress up the guests. Or better yet, have them give makeovers on each other or on themselves. Make sure you have your camera ready for before and after photos!
Finish off the night by making DIY bath products like sugar scrubs, hair and face masks and creams with items found in your pantry.
How to Make a Cucumber Face Mask
This classic cucumber face mask comes together in just four easy steps.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Small containers and lids
- Mix cucumber slices and yogurt in your blender; blend for 15 seconds or until a puree is formed. Mask should be creamy and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small airtight container. Refrigerate until cool.
Tip: This cucumber face mask lasts for up to a week stored in the refrigerator.
- Apply the mask on face, avoiding eyes
- Leave on for 15 minutes
- Rinse off with cool water and dry
Spa Party Favors
The relaxation isn’t over yet. These spa party favors will pamper, relax and soothe your guests even after the party is over. Don’t forget to wrap these goodies up in this pretty and pink pamper gift bag.
- Have your party-goers slip on these fluffy pink slippers. Their open-toed style is perfect for pedicure time.
- Get your beauty rest on with this silky eye mask. Its satin band keeps you comfortable while keeping your mask snug on your face all night long.
- Complete with nail polish, a nail file, gems and toe separators, this manicure and pedicure set has everything you need and more for a DIY spa night.
- Toss this sprinkle bath bomb in the tub for a night of relaxation. It even comes with a fun surprise inside!
- Last but certainly not least, every spa-enthusiast needs a bathrobe. This beautiful satin robe is customizable, so you can add each of the littles’ names on their designated robe.