This DIY Plastic Lid Organizer Will Keep Your Kitchen Tidy—Here’s How to Put It Together
No more searching tirelessly for one specific lid.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Isn’t it so satisfying to watch home organization TikToks? It’s a wonder how some people manage to make every room in the house look flawless. But they have a secret: genius kitchen hacks to keep things neat and tidy.
What’s the most frustrating kitchen mess of all time? That mess of food storage container lids. But this plastic lid organizer hack will help your cabinets look picture-perfect in no time.
How to Make a DIY Plastic Lid Organizer
It feels like our collection of food storage containers is equal parts matching set of food prep containers and wildly mismatched plastic containers. If you take the lids off the containers to save space, you lose them. If you leave the lids on, you can never fit everything nicely in the cabinet. So what’s a gal to do when her kitchen’s a total mess?
Well, it’s pretty simple. You need two items: a drying/cooling rack and a plastic storage bin. That’s it!
Tools You’ll Need
You can use a cooling/drying rack that’s already in your kitchen, but I was easily able to find top-rated options on Amazon.
- Steel Wire Rack: This set of 16-by-11-inch cooling racks is a great if you use a lot of storage containers for leftovers.
- Mini Cooling Racks: Use a mini cooling rack for small kitchens, like in studio apartments.
- Roll-Up Drying Rack: This drying rack has long openings to fit lids of all sizes.
You can also find plastic storage bins at the Container Store, Target or on Amazon:
- Clear Plastic Bin: Have plenty of space? Opt for this large bin with handles.
- Storage Baskets: Need to squeeze things into an apartment or a small kitchen? Then I recommend a set of smaller plastic baskets.
How to Assemble
Place a cooling/drying rack over your storage bin. Then, take your food storage lids and slip them in between the slats of the rack. Now you can see every lid you have right in front of you, and there’s no way for them to get lost in the depths of your kitchen cabinets!