Get Vacation in a Glass with This Pineapple Rum Punch Recipe
Pineapple rum drinks are musts for hot days and amazing pool parties. We'll show you our favorite pineapple rum punch recipe—big enough to serve a crowd.
When it comes to sips that make me feel like I’m on vacation, you can’t do much better than pineapple rum drinks. Sure a mojito is refreshing and a margarita can hit the spot, but something about pineapple plus rum (and maybe some coconut, too) makes me feel like I’m stepping onto a Jamaican beach ready for a day of surf, sun and easy-breezy reads. Recreating a bit of those island vibes—even in my Wisconsin backyard—is easy with a good rum punch recipe.
How to Make Pineapple Rum Punch
You can make this vacation in a glass using the recipe here. I love this one because it’s tropical, refreshing and serves a crowd (12 people to be exact)—perfect for a backyard barbecue or pool party.
- 3-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup orange peach mango juice
- 1 cup coconut rum
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice (regular lime juice will work, too)
- 3 tablespoons Campari liqueur or grenadine syrup
Making this punch is as simple as could be. Just add all the ingredients to a large pitcher and stir. You can even do this a day in advance of your soiree to help the flavors marry a bit better.
What makes this punch special is that it uses two kinds of rum to give it more depth of flavor. Dark rum has a great rich, molasses-like flavor and the coconut rum gives you those tropical notes that you look for in a drink like this one.
Serving Ideas for Pineapple Rum Punch
This pineapple rum punch comes together in a flash. Invest all that saved prep time into creating the perfect presentation—yes, cocktail umbrellas are required!
- Use crushed ice: For this rum punch (and other tiki-style drinks) crushed ice is a must. Fill up your glass with plenty of crushed ice and top it off with refreshing rum punch. If you don’t have an ice maker with a crush setting at home, invest in an ice crusher. It’s great for serious cocktail fanatics.
- Pour with flair: Don’t settle for your plain plastic pitcher for this festive drink. Up the ante with a cute boho pitcher. A drink dispenser like this one works great if you’re outside.
- Serve drinks in daiquiri glasses: These curvy glasses are a must for pineapple rum drinks. If you’re serving poolside or outdoors and prefer plastic, try these glasses instead. So cute and sunny!
- Garnish, garnish, garnish: This rum punch is mighty tasty on its own, but you can take the presentation and flavor over the top with some garnishes. Think pineapple slices, lime wedges, maraschino cherries, mango slices—use one or use them all.
- Don’t forget the umbrella: Can we agree a fun tropical drink isn’t complete without a good cocktail umbrella? Stock up before your next party.
- Break out the punch bowl: This big batch drink is a great excuse to use your punch bowl. Freeze tropical fruits and juice in your ice ring to keep your punch fruity and refreshing.
With some great finishing touches like garnishes and the perfect glass, your friends will be begging you for this beach-ready cocktail recipe. If you like this, you must try this tropical Cuban breeze cocktail.
Note: Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.