How to Make a Simple 5-Ingredient Pineapple Margarita
This is the drink we're sippin' all summer long.
Via @cocktails/Tiktok.com (3)
Summer is right around the corner and I am beyond excited. While I’d love to spend every day at the beach with a giant towel and a bunch of my closest friends, it’s not always possible. Besides, kickin’ back at home with a good book and a pineapple margarita is all you really need sometimes. You know that, or, these boozy gummy bears. (There’s time for both.)
It’s time to make some next level margaritas, and we found the perfect recipe.
How to Make a Pineapple Margarita
Shout out to TikTok creator @cocktails for this must-try summer margarita:
@cocktails Who loves margaritas? 😍 @Bailey #margarita #cocktails #viral ♬ original sound – cocktails
Who doesn’t absolutely love pineapples? They’re sweet, full of health benefits and a summer necessity. My absolute fave! And it’s not truly summer without a couple new tequila recipes, am I right? That’s why I was so thrilled to see this drink trending on TikTok.
Don’t forget to pick up your margarita tools first. Then let’s get started.
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 2 ounces tequila
Editor’s Tip: Find the best tequila for making margaritas. Look for a label that says 100% de agave or puro de agave.
- Take a tall, empty glass. Cut up some fresh pineapple, about half a cup or so. Pour the pineapple into the bottom of the glass and begin to muddle it by pressing into it with a flat-ended utensil. Make sure it’s completely mashed.
- Take half a lime and squeeze it straight into the glass.
- Add 1/2 ounce of agave syrup and 1/2 ounce of orange liqueur.
- Add in 2 ounces of tequila.
- Grab your cocktail shaker and add some ice and shake to your heart’s desire.
- Take a smaller, wider glass and rim the edges with Tajin.
- Add new ice to the glass, pour in your margarita mixture and garnish with a lime wedge and a few pineapple leaves.
That’s it! You’re ready to say “cheers” to summer. Looking for more recipes? Learn how to make this delicious Cuban breeze cocktail.