It’s not always easy to stick to your meal plan, especially when an unexpectedly hectic day rolls around mid-week. Luckily, Omaha Steaks has your back. The Nebraska-based retailer recently released a line of ready-made, single-serve meals perfect for the nights you just can’t bother to pull out all your pots and pans. And, they’re not all beef! This new collection features shrimp and chicken meals, too.
What’s on the Menu?
Here’s the lineup of easy meals for one:
- Creamy Chicken Penne: Pasta, spinach and roasted chicken breast mingle in a butter, heavy cream, champagne and Pecorino Romano sauce. One of our editors gave this dish a try and was pleasantly surprised with the results: “The pasta was perfectly cooked. Not gummy or overdone.”
- Bourbon-Glazed Brisket: Butcher-cut brisket is glazed with a Kentucky bourbon and sits atop a bed of farro, sweet diced carrots, onions and edamame.
- Asian-Style Beef & Broccoli: Beef brisket is cooked sous vide in an Asian-style mix of sake, oyster sauce, soy sauce, zesty ginger and sambal. The dish is completed with scallions, edamame, broccoli florets and served over jasmine rice.
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp: Shrimp is tossed in a sauce of lemon, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary and cheeses. Accented with red bell pepper and earthy asparagus, this meal is pre-plated over farfalle pasta.
- Shrimp Fried Rice: Shrimp is served in an Asian-style sauce of mirin, soy sauce, sesame seeds and dark brown sugar, then accented with sweet English peas, diced carrots and corn over a bed of jasmine rice.
- Lemon Herb Chicken & Potatoes: This comforting dish tastes just like Grandma’s. It’s made with roasted boneless chicken (that’s cooked in a sauce of oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, parsley, thyme and rosemary), diced potatoes and whole green beans.
Each protein-packed 8 oz. meal is $14.99 if purchased alone, or $9.99 if bought with another item. And depending on your needs, you can also order in bulk online for an even bigger discount once you’ve found your favorite. We think you’ll definitely want to stock your freezer!
For more budget-friendly ideas, check out our family dinners that are all $10 or less.
How to Prepare ‘Em
These self-steaming meals cook straight from microwave to freezer in under five minutes. The self-venting plastic inflates while cooking in the microwave to trap in the steam and cook your food, sans preservatives. Simply pop in, shake halfway through and dig in!
Next, try these shortcut meals you can prepare in the microwave.