The best-case scenario is that you start each week with a thoughtful meal plan. But it’s not always easy to stick to—especially on crazy-busy days. Tar-zhay to the rescue! Target now has a line of “easy meal offerings” from Archer Farms. It includes more than 100 products with everything from ready-to-heat grilled fajita chicken strips, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, apple pecan quinoa salad and more. It’s priced between $2.99 and $8.99, so should be cheaper than going out to eat. Here’s why you (and I!) spend so much at Target.
That sounds pretty on-brand for Target. They already have everything else you need, so an expanded in-house food brand with trend-happy foods is no surprise!
What’s on the Menu?
The expansive Archer Farms array includes full meals, ready-to-heat meats, salads, pasta, side dishes and soups. Here are some of the stand-out items from the new collection:
- Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Pork Chops
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Asparagus Meal Kit
- Apple Pecan Quinoa Salad
- Burrata Lemon Zest Herb Ravioli
- Creamed Garlic Spinach & Kale
The products are designed to mix-and-match one another or to help along from-scratch cooking. Here’s some inspiration for semi-homemade dinners:
- Heat up the already pre-seasoned grilled chicken fajita strips with frozen vegetables for a quick stir-fry.
- Pair the Italian-style beef meatballs with homemade pasta and marinara sauce, then top it with our very favorite brand of mozzarella (psst: It’s theirs).
- For a last-minute side with any chicken breast dinner, serve Target’s Cheese & Chives Scalloped Potatoes.
There are seriously so many ways to make meals work! For more budget-friendly ideas, check out our family dinners that are all $10 or less.