Who knew that 2020 would be the year of Dolly Parton? Just last month Netflix’s Christmas on the Square was announced, and now we’re promised to be lulled to sleep by Dolly’s voice with a new show, Goodnight with Dolly.
This brand-new bedtime story show is narrated by Dolly Parton and comes from Imagination Library, which she began in 1995 to send free books to children.
How to Watch Goodnight With Dolly
The video series will stream exclusively on Imagination Library, Dolly Parton and Dollywood social channels. But the easiest way to watch might be to subscribe to Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library YouTube channel. Just remember that showings start at 7p.m. ET. every Thursday.
Get comfy because Dolly reads her stories in flannel PJs from her own bed!
The Stories That Dolly Will Read
The series kicked off April 2 with The Little Engine That Could, the classic book that all children receive when signed up for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
In the coming weeks, Dolly will read the following stories. It’s a mix of childhood faves, plus a few Dolly Parton originals:
- There’s a Hole in the Log on the Bottom of the Lake by Loren Long
- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
- I Am a Rainbow by Dolly Parton
- Pass It On by Sophy Henn
- Stand Tall, Molly Lou Mellon by Patty Lovell
- Violet the Pilot by Steve Breen
- Max & The Tag-Along Moon by Floyd Cooper
- Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Pena
- Coat of Many Colors by Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton knows country music, but what about country cooking? We put Dolly’s signature chicken and dumpling recipe to the test.